What the data says
Investigate the levels of unemployment in your country over the last 20 years, by accessing the World Bank Catalogue through this link and then follow the steps below:
- Choose the World Development Data set
- Click on Indicators
- Type unemployment into the search engine.
- Save the unemployment data in a spreadsheet
- Plot the data over the 20 years using a graph
- Describe the data you have plotted focusing on short term patterns, long term trends, and relationships between variables.
Repeat the exercise for two other countries from different continents.
- Identify similarities and differences between the three sets of unemployment data.
- Analyse the factors that might account for the similarities and differences you have identified. (You may want to revisit this answer once you have completed this section).