2.5 Monetary Policy (questions)Past Paper Essay Question
May 2011 TZ1
2. During the global financial crisis of 2008–2009, there was a fall in consumer spending
in many countries.
(a) Explain the factors which might be responsible for causing consumer spending
to fall. [10 marks]
(b) Evaluate the possible consequences of falling consumer spending for a country’s macroeconomic performance. [15 marks]
In this section are a series of questions on the topic - monetary policy. The questions may include various types of questions. For example:
- Short-answer questions - a series of short-answer questions to help you check your understanding of the topic
- Case studies - questions based around a variety of information
- Long answer - questions requiring an extended/essay type response
- Data response - responding to data or topical economics news articles
Click on the right arrow at the top or bottom of the page to work through the questions.