Key functions of management
What do managers do?
- Set objectives
- Organise how things are to be done
- Command, co-ordinate and communicate with others
- Develop and motivate employees
- Measure and evaluate performance against objectives
They normally show certain qualities, which include:
- A vision and sense of direction as to where the business should be going
- Innovation and the creation of new ways of doing things
- Dedication and commitment
- Ability, self-belief and qualities that promote support from others.