Benefits of good training
Good training should add value to both the individual and the company. The business should see the benefits of:
- Improved skills and their application
- Improved potential
- Improved morale, output and quality
- Reductions in costs, such as waste
- Greater efficiency
- Less labour turnover and absenteeism
- Better quality goods and services
The individual may feel more fulfilled and motivated at work, because they feel confident in the performance of their job. They may have better career and promotion prospects, which will inevitably lead to a higher salary.
However, a better trained workforce may attract interest from competitors and they may leave the firm, after having received expensive training. In essence, the organisation has paid for training that will benefit another company!