2.7 Employer and employee relations - notes (HL only)
In the previous sections we looked at human resource planning, examined organisational structures, identified and analysed various types and channels of communication and considered the nature of leadership and management and the motivation methods they employ to motivate individuals and teams. We have described organisational cultures and explained influences on it including mergers and leadership styles changes. In this section we will examine employer and employee relations.
By the end of this section you should be able to:
- Analyse the dynamic nature of relationships between employees, employers and their representatives
- Examine the methods used by employees and their representatives in pursuit of their objectives
- Examine the methods used by employers to put pressure on employees
- Evaluate the effect of such actions on the individual employee, employee representatives and the employers
- Identify the sources of conflict in the workplace and evaluate alternative approaches to conflict resolution