Exploring education in Tanzania - reflection
Having looked at the data, watched the video clips and read the article, reflect upon the following questions:
- How are the schools you see in the videos similar, or different, to your own?
- How does improving the quality of education contribute to the breaking of the poverty cycle?
- What evidence is there that the educational provision for boys and girls is a) different and b) insufficient?
- Why is the education of girls considered important as far as reducing poverty and stimulating development is concerned?
- One important question for Tanzania is whether government spending on education should focus on primary, secondary or tertiary education. Can you come up with arguments for each?