Case study (6) Focus on Infrastructure
Latin America urged to speed Infrastructure plans
Follow the link below if you would prefer to read the article in a new web window:
- Explain what is meant by the term infrastructure.
- Distinguish between public and private sector infrastructure.
- Analyse the impact of a lack of investment in infrastructure on economic growth and development in Latin America.
- Would investment in public sector infrastructure be more likely to be part of a market oriented or an interventionist strategy? Explain you answer.
- In a market oriented economy, explain the role of government in the provision of infrastructure.
- Using information from the article discuss policies to encourage quicker and larger investment in infrastructure in Latin America.