Case study (1) Focus on FDI
Kenya Should Sew the Torn Pockets!
Follow the link below if you would prefer to read the article in a new web window:
- Define the term Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- Is encouraging FDI more likely to be associated with a market oriented strategy or an interventionist strategy? Explain the reasons for your choice.
- Describe the factors identified in the article that impede FDI.
- Identify the sectors of the Kenyan economy that have attracted FDI in the current millennium.
- Analyse the costs and benefits to the Kenyan economy of encouraging FDI.
- Examine the contention that FDI is likely to have a greater impact on growth than development.