Aid - looking at the dataEvaluation of foreign aid
Visit the OECD statistics website(you can do this in the window below or follow the previous link to look at the page in a separate window).
- Find out about your country and its involvement in official development assistance. Is it an aid donor or receiver?
- How much aid does it give or receive?
- The United Nation recommends that donor countries should give 0.7% of their national income. If your country is a donor country, does it meet the United Nations target? If not, what proportion of the national income does it donate?
- How much above or below the UN target is it?
- Complete the same exercise for two other donor countries, so as to make a comparison.
- Are they above or below the UN level?
- Why does it matter if the majority of donor countries are below the UN target level?