1.4 Stakeholders - questions
Stakeholder Conflict and Resolution
The 2010 British Airways dispute is a good example of stakeholder conflict as all stakeholders were affected negatively. Look at the following articles for background detail:
- Crew to strike for seven days as British Airways withdraws peace offer
- BA cabin crew strike talks break down without agreement
- British Airways tries to start again
- Identify four stakeholders conflicts in this dispute
- Explain 3 reasons why British Airways appears so determined to resist the strike action.
- Analyse two potential short-run solutions to the dispute.
- Using the identified conflicts and your possible short-term solutions, evaluate the extent to which the different outcomes satisfy the long-term needs of each stakeholder group and commercial needs of the business itself.