Having followed the business and management course at HL or SL, students will be expected to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of business terminology, concepts, principles and theories
- make business decisions by identifying the issue(s), selecting and interpreting data, applying appropriate tools and techniques, and recommending suitable solutions
- analyse and evaluate business decisions using a variety of sources
- evaluate business strategies and/or practices showing evidence of critical thinking
- apply skills and knowledge learned in the subject to hypothetical and real business situations
- communicate business ideas and information effectively and accurately using appropriate formats and tools.
In addition to the above, students at HL will be expected to:
- synthesize knowledge in order to develop a framework for business decision-making.